Friday, May 28, 2010

(Re)Discoveries

One of the perks of working freelance means I get to work from home, in Brooklyn. Which also means, I rarely go out into the city. But when I do, I fill my day with "city" errands and yesterday that meant fabric shopping!


Purl Soho is one of my favorite fabric stores, its a one-stop shop with beautifully curated fabrics, notions, yarns, and more. They recently combined their 2 stores into one larger store on Broome Street and boy, is it awesome! I really tried hard to go in and buy my fabric and leave but kept getting pulled in every directions by all the colors, threads, yarns. My 5 minute trip turned into a 45 minute trip. If you're ever in town and you have a crafty craving, this is the place.


(photos via the craft dept)
On my way to Purl Soho, I walked past my favorite taco truck, Calexico. I fought every urge to buy a burrito, but after my lengthy, "hard-at-work" stop at Purl, that pollo asado burrito was calling to me. It was pretty much the highlight of my day, its the little things in life that make me happy.


And my last (re)discover of the day was found at my favorite, local store, Thistle & Clover. They're having a memorial day sale and Lisa and I had to stop by. I mean, looking doesn't hurt right? right?! Unfortunately, I found the dress I've been looking for. I've got several weddings to attend this summer and have been looking for the right one. I think I found it.... sigh. lily and jae, you guys kill me.

No comments: