Wednesday, June 3, 2009

blueberry deliciousness and garden update


When I got the new issue of Martha Stewart this month, the Cream Puffs with Lemon Mousse and Blueberry Sauce jumped out at me screaming "MAKE ME and EAT ME!"
So of course, I obliged. I made these as a housewarming gift to some friends (yes, i like to bake for my friends.) Kinda time consuming, with a lot of different components but not too difficult if you have the time. A really refreshing little treat!

Also, I've realized its been a while since I've updated you on my rooftop garden. Truth is, it wasn't doing so well for a while, not enough heat or something... But here it is! Its doing so well, I'm so proud of my little guys.

In this container, arugula, brussel sprouts and cilantro. These were all grown from seeds and did so well. I think I have to transplat my arugula to my community garden, getting a little crowded.

Here, I have roma tomatoes and brandywine tomatoes (bought from the farmer's market). The romas are rapidly flowering.

No comments: