Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rainbow Brite?!

Tonight I stopped by Cinders Gallery on my way to meet a friend for dinner. If you're ever in Williamsburg, Brooklyn you should stop by, they always have really great shows and some really cool zines and stuff. "Big Kids, Little Kids," a show curated by John Freeborn was on display. There were some really amazing pieces in it, here are a couple of my favorite. I took photos with camera phone of others that aren't on the website, but the photos are too crappy to post which means you have to go and see it!


Here are some of my favorites:

Andrew Jeffrey Wright (I gotta say, I LOVE this print!)


Andrew Kuo (you have to see his pieces in person to get the level of detail)


Eric McDade


Cinders is hosting a "Move" show curated by Rich Jacobs next month that I'm in, I'll post more on that later.

Off the subject of art and on the subject of food, went to Taco Chulo tonight in Williamsburg on Grand St. Now, I have to say, I don't have all that much faith in Mexican food in New York being that I'm from Los Angeles. And I wasn't all that into Taco Chulo the first time I went there, but I've been converted. Being used to Los Angeles- Mexican food prices, getting a burrito for $11 bucks is a bit much, but if you ever have a craving for a good burrito and some really good Brunch, I'd suggest this place.

P.S. Try the Café de Olla, super yummy!

No comments: