Monday, May 19, 2008

Hot like a Seonna!

Still in Cali, still without a cord for my camera... It's my last day here and its bittersweet, I always can't wait to go back to NY when its time to leave LA but I'm always sad to leave my family and friends behind.

Whenever I come to LA, I always try to make a point to spend time with one of my favorite people in the world and one of my closest friends. She's a busy lady so I always have to wedge my way into her schedule. Seonna Hong (yes, like a "sauna." Seonna never corrects anyone when they mispronounce her name) just came back from Tokyo where she had her solo show at Takashi Murakami's gallery KaiKaiKiKi. From the photos I've seen, the work looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! She is an inspiration in more ways than her art, but I am constantly blown away by every step she progresses in her art.

I saw this work when she first started working on it, but to see it done and installed, its absolutely breath taking. Please take a moment to take it all in.... (if you live in Japan, it is not to be missed. I only wish that it were being shown in NY)

(Photos via Eric Nakamura's blog on Giantrobot.)






No comments: